Located a short walk from Notting Hill, Hyde Park and Kensington Palace (home of William, Kate and the Royal Babies!) it is easy to see why so many people fall in love with this neighbourhood. With three Underground Lines and countless 24hr buses, Astor Kensington is the perfect hub from which to explore London. A short walk around the neighbourhood will take you through the world famous Portobello Market, Kensington Gardens and London’s most expensive street! Hop on the tube or bus and within 10 minutes you’ll be in the heart of Oxford Street, Piccadilly Circus and Leicester Square!
Please note: VALID government issued ID required to stay with us, and ALL guests must be between 18-40 YEARS.
At our amazing hostel you will have full access to:
• Free Fast Wi-Fi throughout the building as well as Free PC Access.
• 24-hour reception for anything you may need (including late check-in/early check-out)
• CCTV Security monitoring
• Free security lockers for your valuables (laptops, cameras, phones, etc)
• Free luggage storage available before check-in and after checkout (same day)
• Laundry facilities available from 8am – 8pm. Hairdryers and ironing facilities free to use
• All you can eat Breakfast for only £1.00 (All proceeds go to charity)
• Wonderful fully equipped kitchens (large fridges available for food and drinks storage)
• Dining room and common area to enjoy a meal or meet fellow travellers
• Beautiful lounge area with comfy sofas and enormous projector screen for movies and sports!
The moment you walk through our doors you become part of our family and we want you to have an incredible experience! We want every detail – from our super clean bathrooms and comfortable pillows to our unforgettable social events - to be perfect, giving you a London adventure that is 10 out of 10!
Address 1: 45 Queensborough Terrace
City : London
Postal Code : W2 3SY
Contact Name : Luis Espinosa
Phone : +442072297782
Email : Kensington@astorhostels.com
- Free Fast Wi-Fi
- Free Padlocks & Adaptors
- Free Printing
- Free Internet Access
- Free Maps
- Kitchen Facilities
- 24-Hour Reception
- Under Bed Cages
- Key Card Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Cinema Room
- Free Tea & Coffee
- Tourist Information
- Towel Hire
- Free Hairdryer Hire
- Continental Breakfast £1 (All Proceeds Go To Charity)
- Dining Area
- Lounge Facilities
- Free Luggage Storage
- Free Safety Deposit Boxes
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In : 14:00
Check-Out : 10:30
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Terms and Conditions
1. Definitions and Interpretation 1.1 In these Terms and Conditions, unlessthe context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the followingmeanings:
‘Customer’ means a paying guest of Astor Hostels. ‘Hostel’ means Astor Hostelsas well as Astor Kensington, Astor Hyde Park, Astor Victoria, Astor Museum, Astor York; and‘Rates’ means the prices payable for beds and/or rooms and (where applicable)other facilities offered by the Hostel. 1.2 Unless the context otherwiserequires, each reference in these Terms and Conditions to: 1.2.1 “the Terms andConditions” is a reference to these Terms and Conditions and each of theSchedules as amended or supplemented at the relevant time; 1.2.2 a Clause orsub-Clause is a reference to a Clause of these Terms and Conditions; and 1.3Words imparting the singular shall include the plural and vice versa. 1.4References to any gender shall include the other gender.
2. Bookings and Reservations 2.1 Customers may make reservations in advancethrough Hostel website, telephone, in person or through an OTA. 2.2 Whenmaking reservations, Customers will be required to provide identificationinformation including, but not limited to, their name, address, contacttelephone number, nationality and email address. 2.3 Payment details will berequired for all reservations. Unless the reservation is expressly stated torequire payment at the time of reservation, no payment will be taken until suchtimes as indicated in Clause 3 below. 2.4 Reservations booked in advance do notconstitute a legally binding contract between the Hostel and the Customer untilthe Hostel confirms the reservation with the Customer and provides the Customerwith a booking reference. 2.5 Reservations may be changed by the Customer atany time prior to arrival (subject to the cancellation provisions set out inClause 4 below). The Hostel will use all reasonable endeavors to accommodateany changes requested but gives no guarantee that all changes will beaccommodated. 2.6 Reservations are not required. Customers may make bookings onarrival however the Hostel cannot guarantee the availability of rooms or otherfacilities for such bookings. 2.7 Customers may request additional nights atthe Hostel at any time during their stay. The Hostel will use all reasonableendeavors to accommodate such requests.
3. Fees and Payment 3.1 Details of Rates including, where applicable,promotional Rates and other special offers are available from theHostel website. 3.2 Rates and prices quoted when making reservationsapply only to accommodation unless otherwise stated. Customers will beinformed of the prices payable for any additional services on request at theHostel. 3.3 Subject to sub-Clause 3.4 below, Customers shall pay all sumsdue upon checking-in at the Hostel. Payment shall be against an invoice andmust be made immediately, subject to any alternative agreement between theHostel and the Customer. 3.4 The Hostel may from time to time offerpromotional Rates. The following provisions apply: 3.4.1 Unless expresslystated otherwise, all reservations to which promotional Rates apply must bepaid in full at the time of booking; 3.4.2 Additional charges incurred bythe Customer during their stay will be invoiced and payable in accordance withsub-Clause 3.3 above; and 3.4.3 Additional nights requested under sub-Clause2.7 above shall be charged at the standard Rate. 3.5 Advance paymentsmade under sub-Clause 3.4 above are non-refundable. 3.6 Any deposits orbooking fees taken at the time of reservation are non-refundable. Customerspaying 100% deposit will be refunded 90% subject to sub-Clause4.23.7 The following payment methods are accepted by the Hostel:3.7.1 Credit and Debit Cards – Visa, Mastercard, Maestro; 3.7.2 Cash onarrival;
4. Cancellations 4.1 Subject to sub-Clause 4.2 below, reservations may becancelled without charge provided the Customer gives at least 72 Hours notice of the same prior to the check-in time for their reservation. Subject to theprovisions of sub-Clause 3.6 above, any sums paid in advance to the Hostelshall be refunded to the Customer. 4.2 In the event that the Customer haspaid in advance under the provisions of sub-Clause 3.4, no refunds shall bemade in the event of cancellation. 4.3 Failure to provide the requirednotice of cancellation shall result in the Customer being charged for the firstnight’s accommodation at the Rate specified in their reservation. Any suchpayment shall be taken immediately using the payment details provided by theCustomer when making their reservation. 4.3.1 Failure to provide the requirednotice of cancellation shall result in your subsequent nights, if any, beingcancelled. So if you are delayed getting to us please call and we can try toamend your booking (subject to availability).4.4 The Hostel may, from time totime, cancel a reservation. In the event of such cancellation, the Customershall be informed immediately and shall be offered a full refund of any and allsums paid. Where a refund is offered under this sub-Clause 4.4 only, theprovisions of sub-clauses 3.5 and 4.2 pertaining to advance payments shall notapply and a refund shall be payable. 4.5 The Hostel may, from time totime, cancel a reservation if the reservation exceeds 14 concurrent days.
5. Check-in and Check-out 5.1 Check-in time at the Hostel is at 2pm.Check-in anytime after 2pm is permitted, there is a 24-hourreception. 5.2 Check-out time at the Hostel is 10.00am. Latercheck-out times may be possible by prior arrangement (and at the Hostel’sdiscretion), however in the absence of such prior arrangement, failure tocheck-out by 10.00am may result in the Customer being charged for an additionalnight’s accommodation at the standard applicable Rate. 5.3 In the eventof a pre-arranged late check-out under sub-Clause 5.2 above, the Hostel shallcharge the Customer for such additional time at an hourly rate, details ofwhich shall be provided to the Customer upon their request for a late check-outtime.
6. Hostel Rules 6.1 Valid photo identification in the form of aGovernment Issued Passport, Drivers License or European Identity Card isrequired at check-in. These are the only forms of ID deemedacceptable and failure to produce one of them will result in the guest beingturned away without refund. 6.2 So as to remain a youth hostel, ALL guestsmust be between the ages of 18 and 40 to stay with us. 6.3 Customers arerequired to conduct themselves in a reasonable and responsible manner at alltimes when on Hostel property and must not act in any way, which may disturbother guests. Failure to adhere to this requirement may result in a Customerbeing asked to leave the Hostel in which event all sums due shall becomeimmediately payable. 6.4 Smoking is not permitted in any indoor publicareas of the Hostel. 6.5 Smoking is not permitted in any rooms. 6.6Failure to adhere to the requirements of sub-Clause 6.3 shall result in theCustomer being charged for any and all costs incurred by the Hostel in cleaningthe room (including, but not limited to, fixtures, fittings and softfurnishings) and restoring it to a smoke-free environment. 6.7 No animals are allowed in the hostel with the exception of assistance dogs. If you have an assistance dog and would like to book to stay with us, in order for us to deal with your request effectively, please e-mail email@example.com for availability and prices. 6.8 Childrenunder the age of 18 may not stay at the Hostel. The environment of ourHostels is not conducive to children and anyone booking with children will notbe allowed to stay, and will be charged the first night of the stay. 6.9 Customers shall be charged for any and alldamage caused by them to any Hostel property during their stay.
7. Food and Drink 7.1 Unless expressly indicated otherwise, food and drinksare not included in any Rates. 7.2 Customers with special dietaryrequirements are advised to inform the Hostel of the same in advance of theirarrival. The Hostel will use all reasonable endeavours to accommodate suchrequirements and, where this is not possible, inform the Customer of thesame. 7.3 Customers may not bring food and drink to their rooms, exceptwater. Any food or drink found in the rooms will be confiscated by thecleaners and thrown away.
8. Disabled Customers 8.1 The Hostel fully complies with all lawsfrom time to time in force regulating the treatment of, and provision for,disabled Customers. 8.2 Customers with any special requirementspertaining to a disability should inform the Hostel of the same prior to theirarrival. 8.3 Please be aware, there are no lifts at any of the hostels,so those with a severe disability should consider this when making areservation.
9. Limitation of Liability 9.1 To the fullest extent permissible bylaw, the Hostel’s liability for any loss or damage suffered by Customers shallbe limited to that which arises out of the negligence of the Hostel’semployees, subcontractors or agents. 9.2 Notwithstanding sub-Clause 10.1below, the Hostel shall not be liable for any indirect loss or damage which maybe suffered by a Customer including, but not limited to, loss of income, lossof business, loss of profits, loss of opportunity, loss of anticipated savings,loss of data or loss of enjoyment. 9.3 Nothing in these Terms andConditions purports to limit or exclude the Hostel’s liability for: 9.3.1 deathor personal injury caused by the negligence of the Hostel, its employees,subcontractors or agents; 9.3.2 fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or 9.3.3any other matter for which it would be illegal for the Hostel to limit orexclude its liability. 9.4 The hostel cannot be held liable for any lossof property due to negligence of the guest. Security is of paramountimportance, and guests must take full responsibility for their personalbelongings and valuables.
10. General 10.1 The Customer’s rights as a consumer under consumerprotection legislation from time to time in force shall not be affected bythese Terms and Conditions. 10.2 The Hostel may, from time to time,change these Terms and Conditions without notice, however it will use itsreasonable endeavours to inform Customers as soon as is reasonably possible ofany such changes.
11. Data Protection The Hostel will not share Customers’ personal datawith any third parties for any reasons without the prior consent of theCustomer concerned. Such data will only be collected, processed and held inaccordance with the Hostel’s rights and obligations arising under theprovisions and principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. By postingpictures, or any other posts on social media platforms, including but notlimited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest, you agree toallow Astor Hostels to use that material to promote the Astor Brand.
12. No Waiver No failure by the Hostel to enforce any provision inthese Terms and Conditions shall constitute a waiver of the right tosubsequently enforce that provision or any other provision of these Terms andConditions. Such failure shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding orsubsequent breach and shall not constitute a continuing waiver.
13. Severance If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is heldby any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in partthe validity of the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions and theremainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
14. Law and Jurisdiction 14.1 These Terms and Conditions (includingany non-contractual matters and obligations arising therefrom or associatedtherewith) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws ofEngland and Wales. 14.2 Any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claimbetween the Parties relating to these Terms and Conditions (including anynon-contractual matters and obligations arising therefrom or associatedtherewith) shall fall within the jurisdiction of the courts of England andWales.